Last Updated: Nov 5, 2016.
rBux offers this Referral Program to Members with the following terms and conditions (the “Rules”)
- Any reference in these Rules to “us”, “our”, or “we”, are references to rBux Inc.
- Any reference in these Rules to “you” or “yours” are references to the Member.
- To qualify as a Member you must be 14 years of age or older.
This rBux Membership Agreement ("Agreement") is between you and rBux Corporation (rBux Inc) and describes the terms and conditions that apply to your rBux membership. By signing up with rBux Inc you agree to these terms .
- 1 rBux is equivalent to 1 U.S. dollar (the "base currency"). It is our goal to keep the rBux valuation as stable as possible. As such, this "base currency" may be adjusted from time to time depending on world market conditions.
- You cannot refer to yourself.
- Your rBux account shows your commission and redemption activity and your balance of rBux.
- Redemption of rBux to purchase products can be done on participating Partner websites. Your account will be reduced by the number of rBux used in the transaction. From time to time rBux may allow conversion of rBux to cash. Visit rBux.com for more information.
- rBux reserves the right to investigate any suspicious or inappropriate registration or activity. rBux, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to delay payment of any referral reward while it conducts an investigation of any such activity. If rBux, in its sole discretion, concludes a registration or recommendation was deceptive you agree that rBux will not be obligated to pay any referral reward for such registration.
- rBux rewards never expire.
- rBux Referrals never expire, however, the recorded response (clicks) on a referral do expire after a certain period of time. The referrer must send out their referral to other members again in order to receive further rewards for the referral purchase. Because the responses are regarded as "new" responses, then this starts a new referral chain. This notion is that a sales promotion becomes "stale" over time and is not longer relevant. Referral clicks also expire once they reach a certain depth. This relates to the fact that a distant referral no longer has had a significant enough effect on the sale of a product. Currently, referral clicks expire after 6 months, or when the chain depth goes beyond 11 members.
- If there is a dispute about the number of rBux earned, redeemed or deducted, our records will be considered accurate unless you contact us within 45 days from the relevant transaction date to report a concern regarding your account balance. If we do not hear from you by then, it means you agree with us about those rBux. rBux will review any disputes, but, its decision on disputes will be final.
- If, in our opinion, any rBux are awarded to your account in error, we reserve the right to deduct the number of rBux awarded in error at any time, and without notice to you. We are not obligated to honour a request to redeem rBux added to an Account, in our opinion, in error.
- You cannot sell, purchase, assign or otherwise transfer all or a portion of your rBux to anyone else under any circumstance (including death or divorce), unless specifically authorized by us at our sole discretion.
- All amounts loaded onto your rBux Account are converted from the currency of the purchase transaction to rBux using the exchange rate of the "base currency". rBux may be used in any country at any Partner that chooses to accept rBux. When earning rBux, the reward amount is calculated by the current exchange rate from the purchase transaction to "base currency". When redeeming rBux, the amount of currency is calculated by the "base currency" and converting to the "purchase transaction currency". No fees or other charges are made to your rBux for the currency conversion.
- Should you choose to close your account, you will have 6 months to redeem any rBux accumulated in your account. Any rBux not redeemed after this time period will be cancelled and removed from your account.
- By participating in the Referral Program, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless rBux, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, Partners and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability or damages which may arise out of participation in the Referral Program or out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any rBux reward or products attained through this Referral Program. You further agree not to: (a) bind, create any obligation (express or implied) or negotiate prices or other terms and conditions on rBux’ s behalf (nor represent to any person, including any prospective rBux customer, that you have authority to do so); or (b) make any claims regarding the rBux services beyond those made by rBux. Moreover, you also agree that any promotion methods that you use to promote products and services to prospective purchasers shall be in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All applicable federal, state, province, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
- We may assign all or part of this Agreement without notice to you. We are then released from all liability. You may not assign this Agreement without our prior written consent and any attempted assignment will be void.
- The laws of certain states or other jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have rights in addition to those contained in this Agreement. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- You acknowledge that rBux Inc's names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property (and the names of certain products and packages that are provided by rBux) (collectively, “rBux Marks”) are the exclusive property of rBux and that you do not have any proprietary rights therein. You may only use and display rBux Marks to the extent specifically designated or authorized by rBux. Any marketing materials, communications and displays produced by you shall: (1) be produced at your sole cost and expense; (2) comport with reasonable standards of good taste; (3) comply with rBux Inc's then-current marketing and legal compliance guidelines and Rules, which may be updated from time to time; and (4) comply with applicable laws. For the avoidance of doubt, all publications or public displays using rBux Marks must be reviewed and approved in advance by rBux prior to first use. All rBux Marks are and will remain the sole property of rBux. The permissions to rBux Marks are revocable by rBux at any time in rBux Inc's sole discretion upon thirty (30) days’ notice and immediately without opportunity to cure if, in our sole discretion, you infringe or improperly use or publish any of our Marks. For avoidance of doubt, all applicable federal, state, province and local laws and regulations apply.
- Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, delayed, inaccurate, garbled, undelivered, misdirected referrals or Rewards or other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Referral Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the referral program, the verification of new customers, the tracking of referrals and new customers, the announcement of the rewards or in any Referral Program-related materials. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Referral Program, who are acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner or who are otherwise not in compliance with these terms as solely determined by rBux will be disqualified from the Referral Program and all points and/or Rewards will immediately be deemed void. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Referral Program or downloading materials from or use of the Referral Website or rBux.com.
- rBux reserves the right at any time to termination or amendment the Referral Program or the Rules at any time. Any changes rBux makes will be effective immediately on notice, which it may give either by posting on the rBux website, rBux.com or via e-mail. Your participation in the Referral Program after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. You should review these Rules periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version. All questions or disputes regarding the Referral Program, including without limitation, those involving eligibility, participation, fraud and abuse will be resolved by rBux. We, and our affiliates, assume no liability with respect to any such termination or amendment.
- rBux also reserves the right to disqualify and deregister any Member in the event that rBux determines that Member has violated any of these Rules, which determination shall be final. In the event of such disqualification or deregistration, Member forfeits the rights to receive, and rBux is not obligated to honor or pay any rewards which vest on or after the date of such effective disqualification or deregistration.
- We collect, use, and share your personal information to administer the Referral Program and your account. We will also share information about your account with affiliates of rBux so that we or another affiliate of rBux may communicate with you about other programs, products, services, promotions, contests, events or surveys that might be of interest to you by any contact method that you have provided to us. To withdraw your consent to receive such communications, sign-in to your account at rBux.com and change your communication preferences.
- You may receive electronic communications that include personalized offers determined through a combination of personal information collected by rBux Inc., the provider of the Referral Program, and other information that help to establish your interests and tastes, including your purchase history. You may withdraw your consent to the use of your historical purchase data for the purpose of establishing your interests and tastes by deleting your account. Regardless you agree that statistics on your data may be shared with third parties. Be advised that details regarding the purchases or transactions made by you may be included in any rBUX Reward or rBUX Inc Financial statements you receive. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and rBux in connection with the Referral Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario Canada and the federal laws applicable in Ontario Canada.
- You are solely responsible for any personal tax liability arising from your participation in the Referral Program. You should consult with your personal tax advisor in order to determine any personal tax consequences. You understand and agree that tax receipts shall not be issued by rBux or any of its affiliates in connection with the Referral Program. You hereby agree to release rBux Inc. and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers and employees and Partners from any and all claims in respect of any tax liability resulting from your participation in the Referral Program.
- You are responsible for protecting and keeping secure your any password or security questions used in connection with the Referral Program and related accounts.
- If any of the information you were required to submit when you registered for the Referral Program changes (such as your name, mailing address, email address, or phone number) you should update this information We will be the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
rBUX MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT. rBUX DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
- By participating in the Referral Program, you agree, affirm, and represent that you have read and understand these Rules. In addition, you affirm and represent that you have complied with all the Rules and have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Referral Program.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
By participating in the Program, you (and your parent or legal guardian on your behalf, if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) agree to release and discharge us, our subsidiaries, rBux Inc., and each of rBux Inc. other subsidiaries and its parent company, and any other third party, including Partners, that may from time to time participate in the Referral Program (whether as a participant or in an administrative, operational or other capacity), and our, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, from any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage or expense asserted by any entity relating in any way to the Referral Program, your participation in the Referral Program and/or the redemption and use/misuse of any item obtained through the redemption of rBux or otherwise in connection with the Referral Program,
- We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or suspend the Referral Program (or to amend these terms and conditions) in any way, in the event of an error, omission, technical problem, computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond our reasonable control that interferes with the proper conduct of any aspect of the Program as set out in these terms and conditions. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Referral Program in any way (as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our failure to exercise any of our rights, powers or remedies in these terms and conditions or any delay in doing so does not constitute a waiver of those rights, powers or remedies. The single or partial exercise of a right, power or remedy does not prevent its subsequent exercise or the exercise of any right, power or remedy.
- If you have any questions about the Referral Program, please go to rBux.com.
- rBux® is a trademark of rBux Inc.
Referral Reward Rates
The rBux Referral Reward will be set, modified and administered by rBux Inc. Tracking of Referrals successfully made is the responsibility of rBux Inc.
The Referral Reward will be used to fund the Members rBux Reward (the commission that the Member receives for a referral resulting in a sale of the Partner's Product) The reward table may be modified from time to time. rBux Inc will inform members when any reward changes are made.
An item is eligible for reward if our records show that an rBux Member has recorded a referral to the purchasing member. A referral is recorded when a user clicks on a link sent to them by another member.
There may be multiple referrers, and referers to referrers (The Referral Chain) for any given purchase. In the case where there is more than one referrer involved in generating the sale, then the referral reward will be shared amongst the referrers based on the percentage splits as outlined in Schedule B.
The following outlines the current default rBux Reward rates for purchased items eligible for reward.
rBux Member Referral Reward Rate Table
Effective December 8th, 2016
Purchase Price US$
(before taxes, shipping)
|Under $100||11.25%||$100 - $499.99||11.25% - 9.75%||$500 - $999.99||9.75% - 7.5%||$1000 - $4999.99||7.5% - 5.25%||$5000 - $9,999.99||5.25% - 3.75%||$10,000 - $49,999.99||3.75% - 2.25%||$50,000 - $99,999.99||2.25% - 1.5%||$100,000 - $499,999.99||1.5% - 0.75%||$500,000 and higher||0.75%|
Referral Reward Sharing Rules
Effective December 8th, 2016
These rules descibes the percentage share of the assigned referral reward as determined in schedule A. In the case where rBux Inc has determined there is multiple referrers, and/or referers to referrers (The Referral Chain) for any given purchase, then the referral reward will be shared as follows:
Independent Referrals Sharing Percentages Table
Independent referrals are referrals made to the same member, where each of the referrers has sent the referral independently with no link to any other referrer. These percentages may further be split if there is a referral chain (the referrer was referred by others). See the Referral Chain Sharing Percentages Table for these rules.
by time referred
3 or more Referrers
| All Middle Referrers
Referral Chain Sharing Percentages Table
Referral Chain referrals are referrals of referrals. The referral pool is based on the above Independent Sharing amount for each independent referring member.
Referral Chain Depth
number of referrers
Referral Pool %
||All Middle Referrers (shared equally)|
|3 or more||45%||30%||25%|
|1st Referrer||The first response made to a referral. Ie. The first referral link the user clicked on. This is not from when the referral was created|
|Last Referrer||The most recent response made to a referral. Ie. The most recent referral link the user clicked on before purchasing.|
|Mid Referrer||All referral responses between the first and the last. The percentage is divided evenly between all middle referrers.|
Referral Chain Processing
For each pool percentage there is a referral chain that operates using the same strategy as above. Referrer earns a reward percentage This percentage is now divided by all members down the referral chain using the same calculations as first level referrals
For last Direct Referer of 2 direct referrers and no indirect referrers A Refers AB. AB refers ABC. ABC refers Purchaser
|Direct Referral A||45.00%||18.00%|
|Direct Referral AB||25.00%||10.00%|
|Direct Referral ABC||30.00%||12.00%|
A Purchases. A was referred by B. B was referred by C. C was referred by D. D was referred by B. (B was referred by C...)
In this case, the chain breaks at D. D becomes the first referrer, C the middle, and B the last.
Both A and D were referred by B.
B referred both A and D.
Note that the rBux system prevents recursive referrals from being created.