Partner Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Updated March 1, 2019
rBux Inc. (Herein after rBux Inc.) offers this Referral Program to Partner with the following terms and conditions (the “Rules”). By reading these Rules and then installing the rBux Inc.'s plugins you, the Partner, have agreed to the following Terms of Service:
- Any reference in these Rules to "rBux Inc.", “us”, “our”, or “we”, are references to rBux Inc.
- Any reference in these Rules to “you” or “yours” are references to you, the Partner.
Parties to this Agreement
- rBux Inc. is the owner of all rights in and to the rBux Platform that provides for the digital marketing, social posts, monetization and promotion of referrals of the Partners products.
- The Partner owns and operates an eCommerce platform which processes the sales of goods and/or services online and directly or indirectly fulfils the sale to the customer.
- The Partner engages rBux Inc. to be the exclusive provider of referral programs by utilizing the rBux Program for the purpose of allowing rBux Members the ability to refer products hosted on the Partner’s (or rBux Inc.’s) website and encourages marketing posts and sales leads for a commission as outlined below
rBux Referral Program
- Products and services outlined in Schedule A (“Products”) will be promoted through the Referral Program and linked or referred sales generated on the Partner’s site, which originated through the Referral Program will trigger a Referral Commission payment in the local (Base) currency to rBux as per Schedule A.
- rBux Inc. encourages the Partner's existing customers as well as potential customers to refer the Partner’s Products by rewarding them for a successful referral. Through its proprietary referral engine, the Referral Program facilitates, tracks, and measures all successful referrals activity on the Partner’s site.
- The Partner agrees to immediately inform rBux Inc. of any and all pricing changes to the Partner’s Products that display pricing information on the rBux Platform. The Partner is NOT required to display pricing information on the rBux Platform.
- For as long as the Partner is enrolled with rBux the Partner agrees to maintain rBux referral plugins in their Shopping Cart service. These plugins include:
- A "Refer" button next to Products. This button will transfer the user to the rBux Platform so they can make referrals on the Partner’s Products.
- An "rBux Points Redeem" plugin in their checkout pages. This allows users to redeem their rBux collected via rBux Inc’s referrals and discounts. For each rBux redeemed, rBux Inc will pay the cash equivalent (being in Canada, the Canadian Dollar, and in the US the US dollar….) back to the Partner.
- An "rBux Purchase Confirmation" plugin on their purchase confirmation page. This enables rBux Inc to collect referred Product purchase information so that the rBux Platform can calculate the commission to rBux Inc, and the referring users reward, and rebates issued.
- The Partner acknowledges and agrees that it is solely responsible for its Products, fulfillment, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of its establishment. The rBux Program® does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to the Partner in this regard.
- rBux Inc. makes no assurances as to the reliability, or quality of the Partner’s Products nor is rBux Inc. liable for any refunds requested by the customer. The Partner is exclusively responsible for any complaints made by the customer about the Partner’s Products.
Payments and Refunds
- When there is a sale of the Partner’s Products that is generated through the rBux Program, the Partner agrees to pay the Referral Commission less any rBux redeemed to rBux Inc according to Schedule A. Payment to rBux is due immediately upon the sale and will be made as per the terms in Schedule B through either a credit card or PayPal transaction, cheque, or a pull of payments via EFT. , rBux Inc. will trigger the payment transaction on the 15th and last day of every month. The rBux site will continuously report all rBux activity and the transactions details to the Partner in the reporting section of the Referral Program.
- The Partner is entitled to a refund only if a sale which generated the commission payment to rBux Inc is refunded by the Partner to the Member within 30 days from transaction date. Any amendments, exchanges, or alterations to the original purchase transaction between the Partner and the Purchaser will not trigger a refund by rBux Inc. to the Partner.
- The Partner agrees to inform rBux Inc of any Product order returns or cancellations within 15 days of cancellation or return. After 45 days, rBux Inc. will consider the transaction to be final.
- rBux Inc. reserves the right to investigate any suspicious or inappropriate activity by Partner or Members. rBux, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to delay payment of any rBux Rewards, Referral Commission or rBux Rewards while it conducts an investigation of any such activity. If rBux Inc. in its sole discretion, concludes a registration or referral was deceptive, you agree that rBux Inc will not be obligated to pay any Referral rBux for such activity.
- If there is a dispute about the number of rBux Rewards, Referral Commissions or rBux Rewards earned, redeemed or deducted, our records will be considered accurate unless you contact us within 45 days from the relevant transaction date to report a concern. If we do not hear from you by then it means you agree with us about those rBux Rewards, Partner Commissions or rBux Rewards. rBux Inc. will review any disputes, but, its decision on disputes will be final.
- If, in our opinion, any rBux Rewards are earned, redeemed or deducted to your account in error, we reserve the right to correct the number of rBux Rewards awarded in error at any time, and without notice to you. We are not obligated to honour a request to redeem rBux Rewards added to an account in our opinion in error.
- We may assign all or part of this Agreement to a third party without notice to you. We are then released from all liability. You may not assign this Agreement without our prior written consent and any attempted assignment will be void.
- All commissions are billed in the Partner's preferred currency. If payment is made in a currency other then Canadian or U.S. dollars then Currency conversion charges may be applied by the payment processor.
- You acknowledge that rBux Inc’s names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other intellectual property (and the names of certain products and packages that are provided by rBux) (collectively, “rBux Marks”) are the exclusive property of rBux and that you do not have any proprietary rights therein. You may only use and display rBux Marks to the extent specifically designated or authorized by rBux Inc. Any marketing materials, communications and displays produced by you shall: (1) be produced at your sole cost and expense; (2) comport with reasonable standards of good taste; (3) comply with rBux Inc.’s current marketing and legal compliance guidelines and Rules, which may be updated from time to time; and (4) comply with applicable laws. For the avoidance of doubt, all publications, advertising or public displays using rBux’ Marks must be reviewed and approved in advance by rBux Inc prior to first use. All rBux Marks are and will remain the sole property of rBux Inc. The permissions to rBux Marks are revocable by rBux Inc at any time in rBux Inc’s sole discretion upon thirty (30) days’ notice and immediately without opportunity to cure if, in our sole discretion, you infringe or improperly use or publish any of our Marks or are late on payment of the Commission’s owed. All applicable federal, state, province and local laws and regulations apply.
- Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, delayed, inaccurate, garbled, undelivered, misdirected referrals or rBux Rewards or other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Referral Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Referral Program, the verification of new customers, the tracking of referrals and new customers, the announcement of the rewards or in any Referral Program related materials. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Referral Program, who are acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner or who are otherwise not in compliance with these terms as solely determined by rBux will be disqualified from the Referral Program and rBux Rewards will immediately be deemed void. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Referral Program or downloading materials from or use of the rBux.com.
- rBux Inc reserves the right at any time to termination or amendment the Referral Program or the Rules at any time. Any changes rBux makes will be effective immediately on notice, which it may give either by posting on the rBux website, rBux.com or via e-mail. Your participation in the Referral Program after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. You should review these Rules periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version. All questions or disputes regarding the Referral Program, including without limitation, those involving eligibility, participation, fraud and abuse will be resolved by rBux Inc We, and our affiliates, assume no liability with respect to any such termination or amendment.
- This agreement may be terminated by either party without cause by giving forty-five (45) days’ written notice to the other party. Upon termination of this agreement, the Partner shall ensure that any final outstanding amount be paid to rBux Inc.
- The Partner’s access to the rBux Program will be terminated and the Partner shall remove all rBux plugins.
- If your account is not active for a period of 2 years, your account will be closed and the rBux Rewards and Referral Commissions balance owed to rBux Inc. will survive. To maintain an active status, you must use the Referral Program on your web site at least once a year.
- rBux Inc. reserves the right to disqualify and deregister any Partner in the event that rBux Inc. determines that the Partner has violated any of these Rules, which determination shall be final. In the event of such disqualification or deregistration, Partner forfeits the rights to receive, and rBux Inc. is not obligated to honor or pay any rBux Rewards or Referral Commissions which are earned on or after the date of such effective disqualification or deregistration.
- We collect, use, and share your company’s information to administer the Referral Program and your account. We may also share information about your account with affiliates of rBux so that we or another affiliate of rBux Inc. may communicate with you about other programs, products, services, promotions, contests, events or surveys that might be of interest to you by any contact method that you have provided to us. To withdraw your consent to receive such communications, sign-in to your account online at rBux.com and change your communication preferences.
- You may receive electronic communications that include offers determined through a combination of information collected by rBux Inc., and other information that help to establish your interests and tastes. Regardless you agree that statistics on your data may be shared with third parties.
- You are responsible for protecting and keeping secure your password or security questions used in connection with the Referral Program and related accounts.
- If any of the information you were required to submit when you registered for the Referral Program changes you should inform rBux Inc. immediately or update your information through the Referral Program. If you do not we are not responsible if we cannot contact you because you have not given us current, accurate information.
- You hereby authorize rBux as your authorized third-party and grant permission for rBux to collect data related to marketing services (such as email addresses) and provide marketing services to you and your customers (such as emailing customers on your behalf if you have given rBux the permission to do so).
How do we use the information we collect
We use the information we have as described below and to provide and support the rBux Products and related services. Here's how:
- Provide, personalize and improve our Products. We use the information we have to deliver our Products, including to personalize features and content.
- Provide marketing services. We use the information we have such as customer email addresses to email customers on your behalf as part of our marketing services, which you have signed up for. We are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering your data in any way other than to provide the requested marketing services.
- Promote safety, integrity and security. We use the information we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote safety and security on and off of rBux Products. For example, we use data we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies, or to detect when someone needs help.
- Communicate with you. We use the information we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Products, and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Research and innovate for social good. We use the information we have (including from research partners we collaborate with) to conduct and support research and innovation on topics of general social welfare, technological advancement, public interest, health and well-being.
- Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Member and rBux Inc. in connection with the Referral Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario and the federal Canadian laws applicable in Ontario.
- You are solely responsible for any personal or corporate tax liability arising from your participation in the Referral Program. You hereby agree to release rBux Inc. and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers and employees from any and all claims in respect of any tax liability resulting from your participation in the Referral Program.
- The Partner acknowledges and agrees that the terms and conditions of this agreement are to remain confidential. The Partner shall not release information concerning this agreement to a third party without the prior written consent of rBux Inc The Partner further acknowledges and agrees that it may be supplied with confidential information by rBux Inc. and the Partner agrees to keep such confidential information strictly confidential and not disclose it to any third party, except for the Partner’s own employees, contractors or other authorized personnel on a strict need to know basis under at least as strict an obligation of confidence as set out in this paragraph. These obligations of the Partner do not apply to information which (a) is known to the Partner by reason other than disclosure by rBux Inc.; (b) is or becomes public knowledge through no fault of the Partner; or (c) is required to be disclosed by a governmental body or at law.
- It is expressly agreed by the parties hereto that the provisions of this section shall survive the termination of this Subscription for any reason.
- rBUX INC. MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES OR PRODUCTS CONTEMPLATED BY THIS AGREEMENT. rBUX INC DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT, TITLE AND MERCHANTABILITY.
Limitation of Liability
- By participating in the Referral Program, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless rBux Inc., its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers, Members and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability or damages which may arise out of participation in the Referral Program or out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any rBux Reward attained through this Referral Program. You further agree not to: (a) bind, create any obligation (express or implied) or negotiate prices or other terms and conditions on rBux Inc’s behalf (nor represent to any person, including any prospective rBux Inc customer, that you have authority to do so); or (b) make any claims regarding the rBux Inc. services beyond those made by rBux Inc. Moreover, you also agree that any promotion methods that you use to promote Products and services to prospective purchasers shall be in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All applicable federal, state, province, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
- The laws of certain states or other jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have rights in addition to those contained in this agreement. In such jurisdictions, our liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- The Partner agrees that if any part of this agreement is found invalid or non-enforceable such invalidity or non-enforceability shall attach only to such provision or part of such provision and the remaining part of such provision all other provisions of this agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Right to Modify the Rules
- We reserve the right to withdraw, amend or suspend the Referral Program or to amend these Rules in any way, in the event of an error, omission, technical problem, computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond our reasonable control that interferes with the proper conduct of any aspect of the Program as set out in these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Referral Program in any way (as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion) may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, we reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our failure to exercise any of our rights, powers or remedies in these Rules or any delay in doing so does not constitute a waiver of those rights, powers or remedies. The single or partial exercise of a right, power or remedy does not prevent its subsequent exercise or the exercise of any right, power or remedy.
- rBux Inc. reserves the right to supplement, remove or modify these Rules at any time and from time to time without notice. Please check this website regularly for any changes. If you continue to use this website following a change to these Rules, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes.
®rBux is a registered trademark of rBux Inc.
The Referral Commission will be set, modified and administered by rBux Inc. Tracking of Referrals successfully made is the responsibility of rBux Inc.
The Referral Commission will be used to fund the Members rBux Reward (the commission that the Member receives for a referral resulting in a sale of the Partners Product) and payment to rBux for providing the service of the Referral Program (rBux Commission). The commission table may be modified from time to time. rBux Inc will inform the Partner when any price changes are made.
rBux Referral Commissions
Effective June 1st, 2019
rBux Inc. charges a commission for referral transactions. Whenever a referred product is purchased on your web site, rBux will charge a commission fee ("rBux Commission"), as well as the referral fee amount to be distributed to the product referrers ("Referral Rewards"). The Referral reward can be customized to suit your businesss. The rBux commission cannot be changed unless there is a special agreement in place with rBux Inc.
By default, the referral rewards are based on a Sliding Scale Percentage starting at 10%. A sliding scale means that as the price of the product increases, the percentage of the referral fee reduces. For Example, with a Sliding scale value set at 10%, the referral reward for a product under $100 is 10%. For a product that is $1000, the referral reward is 6%. Here is the complete Default Sliding scale:
Default Referral Reward Sliding Scale
Purchase Price US$
(before taxes, shipping)
|Referrer Portion||rBux Commission|
|$100 - $499.99||10% - 8%||3.75% - 3.25%|
|$500 - $999.99||8% - 6%||3.25% - 2.5%|
|$1000 - $4999.99||6% - 5%||2.5% - 1.75%|
|$5000 - $9,999.99||5% - 4%||1.75% - 1.25%|
|$10,000 - $49,999.99||4% - 3%||1.25% - 0.75%|
|$50,000 - $99,999.99||3% - 2%||0.75% - 0.5%|
|$100,000 - $499,999.99||2% - 1%||0.5% - 0.25%|
|$500,000 and higher||1%||0.25%|
When a referred product is sold, the referrer receives the amount of the Referrer Portion. In addition, the rBux Commission is added onto the referral charges. For example, when a product is purchased for $100 US, the referrers receive $10, and rBux receive $3.75, so the total cost of the referral is $13.75.
Customizing the Referral Rewards
Now you can tailor your Referrer Fees to suit your business!
To set custom rates for all your products, go to your rBux Dashboard then Account Settings-Referral Rewards.
You can even customize for a single product in the Manage Products section. Setting an individual product referral fee overrides the default settings.
Please note: Only the referrer portion can be modified. The rBux Commission Percentages remain the same as the table above.
Here are the options for different types of referral rewards:
- Sliding Scale %: Modify the "Base Rate" to adjust the Referrer portion sliding scale. The default base rate is 10%. For example. If you set the Sliding Scale Base rate to 20%, then a $100 will provide a $20 referral reward, and the total commission fee with be $23.75. A $1000 product would have a rate of 12% ($120) and rBux commission of 2.5% ($25) for a total commission of $145.
- Fixed %: Set a fixed percentage to be applied regardless of the price of the product. Setting a fixed percentage means if you set the percentage at 10%, then referrers of $100 get $10, and referrers of $1000 get $100. The rBux commission portion remains the same as the default scale above.
- Fixed Currency: Set a fixed amount in your selected currency to be applied regardless of the price of the product. Setting a fixed amount means if you set it at $10 US, then referrers of $100 get $10, and referrers of $1000 get $10. The rBux commission portion remains the same as the default scale above.
- Fixed rBux: Set a fixed amount in rBux points to be applied regardless of the price of the product. Setting a fixed rBux amount means if you set it at 10 rBux, then referrers of $100 get 10 rBux, and referrers of $1000 get 10 rBux. The rBux commission portion remains the same as the default scale above. 1 rBux is equivalent to $1 USD.
I/we, as the account holder(s), authorize rBux Inc and any other rBux affiliated companies providing me/us with services and/or products (collectively referred to as “rBux”) and my/our financial institution, to debit, in accordance with the Rules of the Canadian Payments Association, my /our account at the branch specified above, for the purpose of paying all amounts owing in connection with my/our subscription to the rBux Program account (including specifically, the payment of any invoice issued to me by rBux). The information set out above may be sent to rBux Inc.’s bank and/or to my/our financial institution to implement this authorization. My/our account will be debited after a transaction occurs on the rBux system for the amount due in connection with my rBux Subsciption agreement. The amount of the debit may vary depending on my/our usage, the balance of my/our account and the services selected. Administrative charges may apply in rBux Inc’s discretion for returned or declined payments. This authorization is to remain in effect until rBux Inc has received written notification from me/us of its change or termination. This written notification must be received at least 30 days before the next debit is scheduled, at the address above.
I/we may obtain a sample cancellation form, or more information on my/our right to cancel a pre-authorized payment agreement at my/our financial institution or by visiting www.payments.ca I/we represent and warrant that: (1) the banking and account information provided above is complete and accurate and I/we will promptly notify rBux of any change in such information; and (2) all persons required to authorize withdrawals from the account specialized above have authorized the debits to be drawn from the specialized account pursuant to this authorization. I/we have waived my/our right to receive pre-notification of the amount of the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) and agree that I/we do not require advance notice of the amount of the PAD before the debit is processed. I/we will notify rBux Inc of any changes in my/our account information or termination of this authorization at least (5) days prior to the next date of the pre-authorized payment. I/we understand that delivery of this authorization to rBux Inc. constitutes delivery by me/us to the above-noted institution. rBux Inc reserves the right to terminate my/our enrolment in the program at any time. I/we have read and understood the terms of this authorization and acknowledge receipt of a copy thereof.
By registering as an rBux Partner, you confirm that you have read and agree to the Terms of Service set forth in this document.
2266 Hwy 11, Gravenhurst, On, P1P 1R1